Additional Fees

I contacted them on 3/15/17 to cancel my residential service.My last bill, dated 2/25/17, included a ridiculously high amount for 2017 yard waste collection.

I am in Minnesota, so they don't even start collecting yard waste that early. When I cancelled, I was told everything would be credited, and I would owe for two weeks of prorated garbage service, plus a total of 18.50 in "pick up" fees for the cans (yet another racket, as they are driving down my block anyway...apparently grabbing a can and putting it on the truck costs 18.50). Grand total owed should have been about 30 bucks. I never received reduced, final bill.

Instead, I received a nasty letter, in April, stating that I was past due, better pay, etc, etc. I called, YET AGAIN, and waited in the obligatory 15 minute phone ***. Talked to another rep, who agreed that the amounts should be credited. Told me she would need to have the billing department contact me.

I gave my phone number. Nobody from billing ever called me. Intstead, I received another nastygram in May. Again, I called and talked to yet another rep.

Again, she agreed that all should be credited, and said she would have to send to her supervisor, because it was over her threshold to approve. I asked about confirmation of the credit. She took my email address and said that she would email the confirmation of credit to me. I never received and email (SHOCKER).

I have received no final invoice, no invoices of any kind since 2/25/17. My hope was, than even though I didn't receive an email confirmation, this was taken care of. Well, that's not the case. On 7/14/17, I received a collection letter from an agency.

Oh, now I am really pissed. I call back and get yet another rep, explain the whole thing. She can't see any notes from the last person I spoke to, so that woman flat out lied to me. I make meticulous notes, so I have the date, time and name of each person I've spoken with along the way, along with what they said they would do to fix this.

Again this new rep agrees that the yard waste/fees and part of the weekly trash services should have been credited. Again she can't do it because it's "over her threshold", so she is now forwarding it on to her supervisor. Funny, deja vu. I tell her that's what the last gal told me, and it never happened.

She says she's noted it and forwarded to the supervisor, whose name I now have. I ask for some type of call or email, confirming that this has been taken care of. After hemming and hawing, she takes my email, but I doubt I'll ever see anything. I then ask if they will be calling the collection agency to pull this back.

She tells me they don't usually do that. What?! If it's not a valid debt, then of course you pull it back. She sent another note to the "department that handles collections".

At the end of the day, I have ZERO confidence that this is going to be taken care of.

Do yourself a favor, and don't bother using the company, no matter what incentives they offer to get you to switch!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!

Review about: Republic Services Residential Waste Collection.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Republic Services?

Comments